Prevent Child Abuse Virginia (PCAV) is seeking a seasoned communications professional.
Position: PUBLIC AFFAIRS MANAGER
Develops, provides and coordinates all communications concerning the issue of child abuse and neglect prevention for PCAV and its statewide network (via print, web content and social media). Researches and writes educational material for use in the prevention and awareness of child abuse and neglect. Develops and implements marketing strategies to build awareness of the organization statewide.
Hours Available: 30 hours per week.
• Develops issue-oriented educational materials (such as brochures, flyers and reports and fact sheets) for the staff and Board to use with funders, corporate and civic partners and the general public.
• Manages all social media needs. Also writes and routinely updates web content.
• Supervises and updates the PCAV website, working with a webmaster as needed.
• Cultivates relationships with media representatives and with potential event or program sponsors.
• Coordinates media awareness activities, public ceremonies, and media campaigns. Helps field interview requests and other media-related requests, in close collaboration with Executive Director.
• Determines appropriate material for media attention and public distribution.
• Produces and writes at least four web-based PCAV newsletters a year and the annual report each year.
• Manages the annual Virginia Child Abuse Prevention Month campaign:
o Produces Prevention Month packet in conjunction with the Virginia Department of Social Services. Researches and writes 25-30 individual pieces of parenting/awareness material.
o Creates and manages media campaigns for Prevention Month, including securing Honorary Chairperson for Prevention Month; arranging for and/or producing television public services announcements for Prevention Month; and working with local media to secure human interest and hard news coverage.
• Assists with the coordination of, and marketing for, an annual statewide Prevention Month Conference for prevention professionals.
• Provides support materials relative to child abuse and neglect when requested for speeches and print materials, and participates in presentations for public and private agencies, the media, and the general public, as needed.
• Supervises professional design and printing of materials.
• Supervises volunteers, in coordination with PCAV’s volunteer coordinator, when carrying out special projects.
• Carries out other responsibilities as defined by the goals and objectives contained in PCAV’s Strategic Plan.
Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism or equivalent experience.
Excellent social media and web content management skills.
Experience in public to private sector programs in public relations.
Excellent oral and written skills.
Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
Desktop publishing ability and experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with references to PCAV’s Executive Director, Johanna Schuchert, at email@example.com .