Dear PCAV Friend: Every child has a story. With your help, PCAV can insure that more childhood memories are anchored by gratitude and happiness rather than something very different. In the spirit of promising great futures to kids you know and love, and to youths throughout our state, PCAV invites you to partner with us to make healthy, hope-filled childhoods the norm. As you may know, child abuse cuts across cultural, racial, and economic boundaries and occurs at all levels of society; and sadly, most child abuse victims know and trust their abusers. Before they reach age 18, 1 in 4 American girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused—startling statistics that often lead to devastating personal stories. The hope behind these sobering facts is that PREVENTION WORKS, and you can make a difference. With the support and resources PCAV receives throughout the year:
- PCAV’s 35 Healthy Families programs identify and work with families at risk for child abuse. Abuse and neglect are reported for less than 1 percent of the families enrolled in this free program.
- More than 50,000 elementary-age children learn how to keep safe or report concerns every year through the PCAV co-sponsored child sexual abuse prevention play, Hugs and Kisses.
- Guidance and resources are provided to parents, caregivers and professionals in more than 1,300 calls a year to PCAV’s 800-CHILDREN toll-free help line.
Ultimately, these programs, and a range of other services provided by PCAV, promote parenting practices that give young people positive stories to someday share. You can play a role in making that happen. Will you give today? Your contribution of any amount will protect children across Virginia and help strengthen families. These giving levels can make a specific impact:
- $1,000 will educate 10,000 people about 800-CHILDREN.
- $100 will provide 2 Healthy Families home visitors with training to assist parents.
- $10 will provide 4 personalized parenting packets for families who request them.
Child abuse and neglect can be prevented—with your support. Thanks for taking time right now to help a boy or girl experience a childhood he or she can cherish! Gratefully, Johanna Schuchert Executive Director
We accept donations via Paypal. PayPal is secure and safe and allows us to minimize costs associated with accepting donations, therefore allowing your donation to go farther! Clicking on the donate now button will redirect you to our paypal payment page, where you can enter the amount you would like to donate.
DONATE BY MAIL:
Send your check, made payable to Prevent Child Abuse Virginia, to: Prevent Child Abuse Virginia 2211 Dickens Road, Suite 204 Richmond, Virginia 23230.
To make a pledge or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2010-2011 Annual ReportThe file above requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free by clicking the icon below.||Guidestar.org Information for PCAV|
|PCAV (Prevent Child Abuse Virginia) protects the privacy of donors and holds donor information in strict confidence.|